In this edition of the ‘Brief,’ the Nigeria Exchange Limited and FMDQ Group will host significant financial and capital market events this week.
On Wednesday, November 9th, 2022, the Nigeria Exchange Limited in collaboration with Red Money will host the IFN ON Air Africa Report Dialogue, which will discuss the theme “Islamic and Sustainable Financial Services in Africa: A Golden Opportunity”.
Also, the FMDQ Group will host the 5th edition of the Gold Awards designed to celebrate excellence in the fixed income, currencies, and derivatives market on Friday, November 11th, 2022.
Here are some of the key market and economic events to watch this week:
- Africa Tech Festival- November 8th, 202a2
- NGX/Red Money IFN on Air Africa Dialogue-November 9th, 2022
- The Association of Asset Custodians of Nigeria 2022 Annual Investor Day-November 10th, 2022
- FMDQ 5th Gold Awards Event- November 11th, 2022
For the economic and financial market events from last week:
- FG announced Nigeria’s domestic gas supply obligation rose by 14.14% to 64.8% in 2021
- FG owes contractors about N11.16tn for the construction of various highways across the country
- According to FSDH, IMF estimates that during 2022-2023, 31 out of 72 economies with quarterly data will experience a technical recession.
- NGXASI, recorded a gain of +0.81% WoW