This 2022 Christmas special edition of “The Brief” highlights three (3) reasons the celebrations will be low-key across the country.
These include the high costs of foodstuff and livestock, high transportation costs due to an increase in PMS price by marketers & aviation fuel scarcity that will disrupt flights and the diminishing purchasing power of Nigerians due to high inflation and currency devaluation.
Here are some of the key market and economic events to watch this week:
- Nigeria Senate to Consider 2023 Budget for Passage-Wednesday, December 28th, 2022
- NGX End of Year Closing Gong Ceremony – Friday, December 30th, 2022
For the economic events from last week
- CBN Reviewed the Cash Withdrawal limit policy to N500,000 and N5m weekly
- Lagos launched Phase One Blue Rail line
- The NGX ASI WoW gained +0.79%