At the Annual General Meeting of Sterling Bank Plc held on Thursday, the 16th day of June 2022 at the Grand Ballroom, Eko Hotel & Suites, Plot 1415, Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos the following resolutions were proposed and duly passed:
A. Ordinary Business
- The receipt and adoption of the Audited Financial Statements for the year ended 31st December 2021, the Reports of the Directors, Auditors, and the Statutory Audit Committee.
- A dividend payment of 10 kobo for every 50 kobo ordinary share, payable to all shareholders whose names are registered in the Register of Members at the close of business on 27th May 2022.
- The re-election of the following Directors retiring by rotation:
- Mrs. Tairat Tijani - Non-Executive Director
- Mr. Michael Jituboh - Non-Executive Director
- The appointment and election of the following Directors:
- Mr. John Olatunji Mayaki - Non-Executive Director
- Mrs. Olusola Oworu - Independent Non-Executive Director
- The Board of Directors was authorized to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
- The remuneration of Managers of the Company was disclosed in accordance with sections 238 and 257 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act 2020.
- The election of Alhaji Mustapha Jinadu, F,IoD, Mr. Idongesit Udoh and Ms. Christie Vincent as members of the Statutory Audit Committee, to serve along with Mr. Olaitan Kajero and Mrs. Folasade Kilaso, until the conclusion of the next Annual General Meeting.
B. Special Business: The following resolutions were passed as special resolutions:
- The cancellation of the unissued share capital of the Bank in compliance with the requirements of Section 124 of the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 2020;
- The alteration of the Memorandum & Articles of Association of the Bank to comply with the above resolution, including replacing any provision stating the authorised share capital with the issued share capital;
- The Bank was authorized to enter into and execute agreements, deeds, notices and any other document(s) necessary to give effect to the above resolutions;
- The authorization of the Board of Directors to do all such acts and take all such actions as may be necessary to give effect to the above resolutions in compliance with extant laws and regulations.
Visit Sterling Bank Plc IR Page in Proshare MARKETS