Saturday April 17, 2021 / 05:19 PM / by NIPC /Header Image Credit: NIPC
I am delighted to share the Book of States with thegeneral public, following the diligent work of staff of Nigerian InvestmentPromotion Commission to capture the investment prospects of each of Nigeria's36 States and the Federal Capital Territory in an easily accessible format.
2. This project was inspired by my first trip toMaiduguri, Borno State in February 2017 and encouraged by my subsequent travelsacross the country. The trips exposed me to the richness of our country'sdiversity as an investment haven and fuelled my interest in profilinginvestment prospects throughout Nigeria.
3. At NIPC, we expect the Book of States, which showsthe competitive advantages and the key investment opportunities being promotedby each State, to help investors better appreciate the investment potentialsacross Nigeria.
4. The contents of the following pages would not havebeen possible without the support of each of the 36 Governors and theHonourable Minister for FCT, who signed off on their respective profiles. Wealso appreciate the support of our partners who are responsible for investmentpromotion at State-level. The profiles presented on the following pages willform the foundation for improved sub-national investment promotion and greaterengagement with State Investment Promotion Agencies.
5. I must also acknowledge our proud partnership withthe Nigeria Governors' Forum and the personal commitment of the DirectorGeneral, Mr Asishana Okauru to the completion of this project. Without hissupport, we would not have achieved the timely completion of the Book ofStates.
6. We are indebted to the Governing Council of NIPC,under the leadership of the Chairman, Rt. Hon. (Dr) Babangida S. M. Nguroje,OFR, the Honourable Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Otunba NiyiAdebayo, CON, the Honourable Minister of State for Industry, Trade andInvestment, Ambassador Maryam Katagum and our Permanent Secretary, Dr NasirSani-Gwarzo mni, for their continued support for the achievement of NIPC'smandate.
7. This Book of States is an important building blockin NIPC's efforts to support our states in investment promotion. Havingcompleted this maiden edition, we will now commit our efforts to the follow onprojects which, along with the Book of States, should ensure that we canelevate the visibility of the investment prospects in each State and increaseour capacity to proactively attract investor interest to target sectors andspecific opportunities across Nigeria.
Ms. Yewande Sadiku
- N1.31trn Generated as IGR in 2020 - NBS
- Actual Expenditure of All 36 States Grew by 2.73% to N5.26trn in 2019 Fiscal Year
- Ogun State Debt Figures - Understanding the Facts, Fiction and Black Spots
- Ehingbeti Economic Summit 2021: The Lagos of Our Dream
- 8th Ehingbetti Summit: Lagos as An Accelerator; A Smart City's Destiny
- Ogun State: 52 Weeks of Building Our Future Together
- Communique - Meeting of the SW Governors, MACBAN and Security Agencies
- IOD Forum: Governor Sanwo-Olu Highlights US$2bn PPP Opportunities in Lagos
- How the Lagos T.H.E.M.E Agenda Will Drive Industrialization - Gbenga Omotosho
- Lagos State Explains its 2021 Budget of "Rekindled Hope" to Media Executives
- 2021 Budget: Lagos to Raise N100bn Debt Through the Capital Market to Finance Development
- FAAC Payout Well Below Most States' Needs
- LASG Reviews 2021 Budget; Builds on the T.H.E.M.E Agenda
- BudgIT Publishes 2020 Revised State of States Reports, Measure Epidemic Preparedness of States
- Cardoso Leads Eight-Man Team for Lagos Recovery Efforts
- Fiscal Ill-health of Most States
- The New Normal; States Scurry for Higher IGRs
- States Generated N612.87bn as IGR in H1 2020 - NBS
- Carving a Pathway to Fiscal Sustainability in a Time of Pandemic
- Reluctance to Lend to State Governments