In this edition of “The Brief” the Central Bank of Nigeria will hold its last monetary policy committee meeting for the year 2022, on Monday, November 21st, 2022, and Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022.
At the end of the meeting the CBN Governor Mr. Godwin Emefiele, CON will in a press briefing give key decisions taken covering monetary policy rate, cash reserve ration, liquidity ratio, and asymmetrical corridor.
Here are some of the key market and economic events to watch this week:
- CBN MPC Meeting–November 21st and 22nd, 2022
- Zenith Bank ZTECH Fair 2.0- November 23rd and 24th, 2022
- SEC Q3,2022 CMC Meeting- November 24th and 25th, 2022
- IOD Nigeria 2022 Annual Directors Conference-November 24th and 25th, 2022
- 5th Edition of Lagos SME Bootcamp- November 26th, 2022
For the economic and financial market events from last week:
- Nigeria’s Headline Inflation rate for October 2022 rose to 21.09% in October 2022
- At 28th Nigeria Economic Summit VP Osinbajo called for efforts to address inflation drivers in Nigeria.
- NBS 2022 Poverty Index report reveals 133m Nigerians are Poor
- NGXASI, recorded a gain of +1.19% WoW