The Africa Business Day is the main annual gathering of the Swiss-African business community, taking place on 30 June 2022, 9:00-17:00 CET time in Baden at the Trafo Event Center or virtually via the online event platform (for registration click here). Don't miss this opportunity to meet and exchange with +-300 of your peers in the Swiss African business space!
The 2022 edition will address the following topic: “Next generation business in African markets “, focusing on themes such as urbanization, population growth, technology development and climate change. The program includes keynote presentations from Swiss and African perspectives, a panel discussion, a one-on-one conversation, 3 thematic breakout sessions around the topic as well as three sessions focused on African cities.
The updated program including confirmed speakers can be downloaded here.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Katarina Barunica, Industrial Development Officer, United Nations Industrial Development Organization – UNIDO (Austria)
- Rajen Bhimaraj, Head of Institutional Relations – EMEA/LATAM, Roche Diagnostics International
- Peter Braendle, CEO, Group Éléphant Vert (Switzerland)
- Christophe De Figueiredo, President, Chambre de Commerce Suisse au Maroc CCSM (Morocco)
- Yasser Elsaadany, Commercial Director, ROWAD Modern Engineering (Egypt)
- Benedikt Herles, Head of Sustainable Transformation, Head of Country Practice Africa, KPMG Germany
- Philippe Jost, Head of Construction, SIKA AG (Switzerland)
- Gnanli Landrou, Co-Founder, Oxara (Switzerland)
- Fabian Leu, Chief Technical Officer, Precious Woods Holding (Switzerland)
- Nicholas Meyer, Head of Section - Middle East & Africa, Bilateral Economic Relations, State Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO
- Jean de Martres, Head of Africa, SIKA (Morocco)
- Lamia Merzouki, Deputy CEO, Casablanca Finance City Authority (Morocco)
- Ana Maria Montero, International TV, radio and print journalist (Switzerland)
- Zanele Mthethwa, Zone AOA Regional Manager Sub-Saharan Africa, Nestlé (Switzerland)
- Ify Ogo, Regional Coordination Specialist (AfCFTA), United Nations Development Programme - UNDP (Ghana)
- Sebastian Schmid, Founder, Terrax Africa (Switzerland)
- Sherif Sharobeen, Deputy Director – Business Development, Orascom Construction (Egypt)
- Demola Sogunle, CEO, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC (Nigeria)
- Leonard Stiegeler, Founder & Publisher, Pulse (Nigeria)
- Jean-François Tanda, Managing Director, Vanda Advisory (Switzerland)
- Verena Utzinger, President, Swiss-African Business Circle
- Philippe Valahu, CEO, Public Infrastructure Development Group - PIDG (UK)
Celeste Vogel, Managing Director, eWAKA Mobility Limited (Kenya)
We are pleased to count on the support of the following sponsors: Sika AG, MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company, Procadres International, Roche, Bolloré Logistics, Bureau Veritas, Swiss Export Risk Insurance SERV, Siemens Smart Infrastructure, S-GE, African Business Roundtable, Private Infrastructure Development Group PIDG, Bellevue Asset Management, Mettler Toledo, SICPA SA and Mocoh.
The two confirmed city sessions are brought to you in collaboration with the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Egypt (Cairo Calling) and the Swiss Chamber of Commerce in Morocco CCSM (Casablanca Calling).
Several African Ambassadors and representatives of African Missions based in Switzerland will be present in Baden, with Kenya, Madagascar and Ivory Coast having a dedicated Country Desk. Swiss Ambassadors and representatives of Swiss Embassies in African countries will attend virtually.
Looking forward to hearing from you and welcoming you on 30 June 2022!